PILATES MAT BEGINNER INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION COURSE
15 – 21 September, 2018
PRICING: $1000 USD
Body & Flow comprehensive Beginner Intermediate Pilates Mat Education Course includes 45 hours of interactive learning, practice, labs, problems solving and role games. From the very first fundamental to the more complex intermediate, we will cover the exercises with focus on execution, modifications and anatomy. In addition to working intensely on teaching skills and expanding teaching vocabulary we will learn how to spot and correct misalignments and problematic executions, posture and structure problems and how to touch in order to teach… Through practice and a lot more, our course helps to unfold the creative, passionate and kind Pilates teacher you are… (45 hours+)
This is your first step towards a comprehensive Pilates Mat certificate.
Our program provides flexibility to progress at your own pace, with different modules that can be taken separately. In each module you will need to complete observations, assistant teaching and personal practice hours as well as a practical and theory tests.
- Attending 20 Pilates mat classes
- Approval of the course’s teacher
- Taking an Anatomy Course (can be taken with Body & Flow or elsewhere)
- Contact hours 45 hours (in class)
- Observation hours 10 hours
- Personal practice 20 hours
- Assistant teaching 20 hours
- A successful completion of all course assignments.
- A successful completion of theory and practical test.
- 08:00 – 08:30 – Good morning/ check homework
- 08:30 – 09:30 – Teacher teaches a class
- 09:30 – 10:10 – Breakfast buffet
- 10:30 – 11:00 – Discussion advanced teaching
- 11:00 – 12:00 – Student teaches class with book / feedback
- 12:00 – 14:00 – Osteoporosis /silent practice
- 14:00 – 14:20 – Power break
- 14:20 – 15:30 – Practice teaching/ group
- 15:30 – 16:00 – Case study / pathologies
- 16:00 – 16:10 – Powerbreak
- 16:10 – 17:00 – Use of accessories
- 17:00 – 18:30 – Review/assign homework
Master Trainer Dr Serge Landrieu M.D, Ph.D., now 60years young, started to do yoga at 10 and , by now, tried all the schools, graduated Doctor in Medicine from Ghent University in Belgium 1984, was general practitioner in Knokke (B) and worked 10 years in Thalassotherapie. Learned Watsu and Myotherapie- a muscle manipulation technique to realign – was introduced to Pilates method 1992 by a star Ballet dancer who eventually asked him to join her in Ballet… Moved to Thailand in 1999 and connected with the “Pilatestudio” in Bangkok where he was asked to become a master trainer for Body & Flow in 2015. His extensive knowledge and experience with the body functions , Anatomy and muscle work, his 50 years of Yoga, 25 years of Pilates allows him to answer all the questions. He doesn’t take himself too seriously and classes with him are always fun-life is too important to be taken seriously. In a playful way he explains everything clearly. As hobbies he does play guitar, keyboards, runs , swims , cooks, learns Poledancing (!) and fools around with Acro-Yoga.
The course itself is one standard price of $1000 USD, Stay of choice at Vikasa not yet included.
There is Anatomy on Friday 14th September 2018 – $200 USD
Pilates on the Gymball workshop on Saturday 22th September 2018 – $200 USD
The five first registers get the Anatomy course and the Gymball workshop FREE.
For more information please contact Dr. Serge Landrieu +66 865 633 645 or fill the contact form below.